Being involved in a Horizon City accident can be overwhelming in so many ways. You are injured—perhaps seriously—through no fault of your own. You may be unable to work and make a living as a result of your injuries, therefore unable to pay even your most basic monthly expenses. And, you must deal with an insurance company that has no interest in paying you what your claim is worth. The insurer may offer a quick—but very low—settlement that won’t even begin to cover your actual expenses or may be delaying or denying your legitimate claim. This is a time when you need a strong legal advocate in your corner. You need a Horizon City personal injury lawyer who cares about justice and will fight for your rights at every turn.
Finding the best personal injury lawyer for you can be difficult—just one more thing you have to take care of at a time when healing is all you need to be focusing on. At Harmonson Law Firm we understand. We are here for you, ready to make the claim process as simple as possible while getting you the settlement you need and deserve. We also understand that you have choices when searching for a Horizon City personal injury lawyer, yet believe that once you have spoken to attorneys Clark Harmonson and Hadley Huchton, your choice will be an easy one. Once you have Harmonson Law Firm in your corner, you can focus on getting your life back on track, leaving all the other details up to us.
Why Choose a Horizon City Personal Injury Lawyer from Harmonson Law Firm?
Once you have a Horizon City personal injury lawyer from Harmonson Law Firm on your side, you will be able to ask any questions necessary, getting comprehensive, easy-to-understand answers in return. We will give you a good idea of your damages, as well as what the damages are worth. Our initial consultation is always free, and we never charge you a dime unless we receive a settlement on your behalf. If you need a more thorough explanation of contingency fees and how they work, we will be happy to provide that.
At Harmonson Law Firm we are picky about the cases we take, but once we take a case, we give it 100 percent. Harmonson Law Firm offers everything you love about a small law firm—personal, responsive client service—along with all the benefits of a large law firm. These benefits include resources generally only seen in a large law firm such as solid relationships with medical providers in El Paso and Las Cruces, along with expert witnesses who can boost the value of your claim by definitively proving liability.
When it comes to medical malpractice claims, Texas tort reform limits the amount of non-economic damages that can be recovered, yet when there is a clear breach of the standard of care, we will fight for you and your rights. Attorney Hadley Huchton has focused her entire career on medical malpractice cases and has a thorough understanding of these types of claims. The overarching goal of Harmonson Law Firm is to help good people obtain a full and fair settlement after an accident caused by the negligence of another.
Areas of Personal Injury Handled by Harmonson Law Firm
- Car Accidents—According to Forbes, in 2020 there were 5,250,837 vehicle collisions, with 35,766 of those involving a fatality. These accidents resulted in 1,593,390 injuries—many of those severe or even catastrophic. Unfortunately, car accidents are a fact of life, with most adults involved in at least three auto accidents during their lifetime. While these accidents could include minor fender-benders, many are much more serious. If you’ve been involved in a Horizon City car accident, you need experienced legal assistance to ensure the negligent party is held liable and the insurance company does not get away with typical delay, denial, and undervalue tactics.
- Rideshare Accidents are a relatively new phenomenon, so it can be difficult to know who is liable for a rideshare accident. The rideshare driver could be held liable if their negligence caused the accident, however, unless their rideshare app was on and they were on their way to pick up passengers or had passengers in the vehicle, the rideshare company cannot be held liable. If the other driver’s negligence caused the accident, you would file a claim against them just as you would if they hit you in your own personal vehicle. Uber and Lyft insurance only kicks in when the rideshare driver’s insurance is insufficient to cover the damages—and all other conditions have been met.
- Bus Accidents are not all that common, but when they do happen, many individuals can suffer serious injuries. If the bus is a city bus, then governmental rules apply as far as filing a personal injury claim. This usually means you have a much shorter window of time in which to file your claim.
- Semi-Truck Accidents typically cause severe, even catastrophic injuries due to the sheer size of the truck. There can be more than one liable party in a semi-truck accident, including the driver, the trucking company, the loading company, the maintenance company, and the manufacturer of a defective truck part. Truck accident claims require special knowledge and an attorney that has handled many truck accident claims.
- Motorcycle Accidents can also result in catastrophic injuries or even death for the motorcyclist due to lack of protection. While drivers have seat belts and airbags, motorcyclists have no protection other than a helmet. If a motorcycle claim goes to court, your personal injury lawyer must take steps to counteract typical stereotypes that are often held against motorcyclists.
- Medical Malpractice claims have gotten much more difficult in some states, like Texas, that have enacted tort reform that limits the amount of non-economic damages that can be recovered. Texas has also set certain procedural hurdles that make medical malpractice cases more challenging. If your injuries are significant and are the result of a clear breach of the medical standard of care, your chances of success are increased. New Mexico, on the other hand, has enacted laws making medical malpractice claims more patient-friendly. These laws include larger caps on damages. Attorney Hadley Huchton has devoted her career to medical malpractice claims, working both sides of the aisle, which gives her a unique perspective.
- Catastrophic Injuries are those that are long-lasting and severe. While the injuries may not necessarily be permanent, they are usually life changing. Catastrophic injuries require special personal injury knowledge and an attorney who understands the extent of your injuries and how they have affected your life. Injuries like traumatic brain injuries, amputations, disfigurement, burns, and spinal cord injuries that cause paralysis are all considered catastrophic injuries.
- Wrongful Death claims occur when a negligent party has caused an accident that results in severe injuries to another party, eventually leading to death. Each state determines who can file a wrongful death claim. In the state of Texas, the legal surviving spouse, children, or parents can file a wrongful death claim, however, in New Mexico, a wrongful death claim must be filed by the representative of the decedent’s estate on behalf of family members. Wrongful death damages include funeral costs, medical expenses, lost wages, loss of consortium, and other types of emotional damages resulting from the death.
- Dog Bites can result in serious injuries to the victim. New Mexico operates under the “one-bite rule,” meaning the owner of a dog cannot be held responsible unless the dog has bitten or acted aggressively toward others in the past. Texas is a negligence or one-bite state which holds that in order to recover damages, the injured person must show negligence on behalf of the dog owner.
- Pedestrian Accidents, like motorcycle and bicycle accidents, can be severe, even fatal, since a pedestrian has absolutely no protection from a vehicle. While it is generally believed that most pedestrian accidents occur in intersections, this is not necessarily the case, with many pedestrian accidents occurring in more rural areas.
- Bicycle Accidents are often the result of a vehicle driving too close to a bicyclist, turning in front of the bicyclist, or simply failing to see the bicyclist. Any of these behaviors can result in severe injury to the bicyclist.
How Do You Choose the Best Horizon City Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Situation?
Choosing the best Horizon City personal injury lawyer for your specific situation can feel like it is simply too much, yet that choice could well be one of the most important decisions you make. Your Horizon City personal injury lawyer will comprehensively investigate your accident, with the goal of clearly proving liability. We will then calculate your damages, including medical expenses (current and future), lost wages, future lost wages, and pain and suffering. The “pain” portion involves not only actual physical pain, but emotional pain and trauma resulting from the accident as well.
We will prepare your claim as though it will go to court, which results in a case that is thoroughly prepared, regardless of any twists and turns your claim may involve. It is important that your Horizon City personal injury attorney has experience, knowledge of your specific type of claim and the laws surrounding it, and the confidence and skills to secure a full settlement. Your attorney must also have significant trial experience in the event the insurer refuses to pay an equitable settlement amount. At Harmonson Law Firm, we can offer all these things and more, making our law firm a clear choice during this difficult time.
Harmonson Law Firm Helping Good People Injured in Bad Accidents
Harmonson Law Firm has offices in El Paso, TX, and Las Cruces, NM, and we can help you following an accident caused by the negligence of another in either state. We like to say that we are “small but mighty,” and we go out of our way at every turn to care for our clients, getting them the medical treatment they need and the settlement they deserve. We help good people following bad accidents—and we can help you too. If another’s negligence has left you injured and overwhelmed and you are within twenty miles of El Paso or Las Cruces, contact Harmonson Law Firm today.