Socorro, Texas has seen a lot of growth over the last decade. What once was a sleepy rural area has turned into a busy El Paso suburb. Unfortunately, the growth of Socorro has brought with it lots of accidents and injuries. Being involved in a Socorro car accident can have life-altering consequences. One moment your life is going along as planned, the next you find yourself facing injuries and a mountain of debt thanks to the negligence of another driver. When we get into our car, we have an obligation, known as a duty of care, to drive safely and to obey all traffic rules and laws. A driver who breaches that duty of care, causing an accident, is considered negligent. If the accident causes injuries, and those injuries cause damages (financial or emotional), then you have the right to file a claim against the insurance company of the negligent party. It can be extremely beneficial to speak to a Socorro car accident lawyer from Harmonson Law Firm, who can guide you through the process, ensuring you receive a full and fair settlement for your injuries.
How a Socorro Car Accident Lawyer from Harmonson Law Firm Can Help
Attorneys Clark Harmonson and Hadley Huchton have worked on both sides of the aisle, giving them an excellent perspective on how big insurance companies think. This allows Harmonson Law Firm to put together a comprehensive assessment of your damages and to ensure the insurer won’t get away with paying a fraction of what your claim is worth. At Harmonson Law Firm, we like to say we are “small but mighty.” What this means in practical terms is that while we offer highly personalized service to our clients, we also have big-firm resources.
Those resources include a wide network of medical professional services to ensure you get the treatment you need, along with experts who can help us prove liability and build your case. We have a full understanding of what another’s negligence has cost you, and we will fight aggressively on your behalf to secure a full settlement that will cover all your damages. It’s important that you have a strong advocate who will zealously defend your rights and your future. Harmonson Law Firm can provide such an advocate.
What Should You Do if You Are Injured in a Socorro Car Accident?
Following a Socorro car accident, your first priority is to receive medical treatment for your injuries. You will need to call 911 or have someone else do so on your behalf. A police report will be important in building your case. Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver but refrain from ever saying “I’m sorry.” Even if you are only sorry that the accident occurred, your words could be misconstrued as an admission of liability.
If you are physically able, it can be extremely helpful to take photos of the scene of the accident, obtain contact information from any witnesses to the accident, and write down every detail you can remember. Contacting an experienced Socorro car accident lawyer is an important step to take to ensure your rights and your future are properly protected. Some Socorro local resources include:
- Socorro Volunteer Fire Department—11440 N. Loop Drive, Socorro, TX, 79927 (915) 851-8855
- Socorro Medical Clinic—10720 N. Loop Drive, Socorro, TX 79927 (915) 858-0500
- UMC Healthcare Hospital—10211 Alameda Avenue (915) 440-4400
- Socorro Police Department—670 Poona Road, Socorro, TX 79927 (915) 858-6983
What Are the Most Common Injuries from a Car Accident?
While your car accident is unique, there are some injuries that result from car accidents more often than others. The type of car accident you are involved in (rear-end, head-on, side impact, etc.) will have some bearing on your injuries. The most common types of injuries occurring from car accidents include:
- You are likely to have cuts and bruises that can be expected to heal within a week or two. Although a seatbelt and airbag can save your life in a car accident, they can also cause bruising.
- More serious accidents can leave you with significant scarring, or even disfigurement. Scars that occur on the face and neck can alter a person’s appearance, causing emotional damage, including depression, anxiety, and embarrassment.
- Broken bones and fractures are common following a car accident, including broken arms and legs, broken ribs, and fractured hip bones.
- When the face hits a hard surface or comes into contact with broken glass, there can be facial injuries, including facial fractures, deep cuts, eye injuries including blindness, burns, tooth loss requiring significant dental work, and permanent disfigurement.
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash, are also very common following a car accident. The jolt your body receives during a car collision can cause the neck to snap forward and then back, causing pain, loss of range of motion, headaches, tingling and numbness, fatigue, and dizziness.
- Serious car accidents can result in limb amputation which can lead to long-term rehabilitation, prostheses, and other assistive devices and can significantly limit your daily activities.
- Brain injuries and concussions are common car accident injuries. While a concussion may resolve within a few weeks, a traumatic brain injury can cause lifelong damage to a person’s relationships, work, and life.
- Spinal cord injuries can lead to paralysis, which can alter a person’s life forever, and can also bankrupt families as they struggle to pay the associated costs.
What Are the Typical Costs Resulting from a Car Accident?
Following a car accident, you may be left with damage to your vehicle, medical bills (both current and future), lost income if you are unable to return to work for a few weeks, lost future income if your injuries will prevent you from returning to work for months or years, and pain and suffering damages. Pain and suffering include actual physical pain as well as emotional pain and trauma.
What is the Car Accident Claim Process?
After your Socorro car accident lawyer has thoroughly investigated your accident in order to prove liability, they will then begin to build your damages package. This package is based on the extent of your injuries and how those injuries have affected your ability to work as well as your day-to-day life. In some cases, vocational experts may be brought in to put a monetary figure on your inability to return to work. Your attorney will submit a demand letter to the insurance company, then negotiate with the insurer for an equitable settlement. If the insurer refuses to pay what your claim is worth, a lawsuit may be filed and your attorney will argue your case in court.
How Do You Prove Fault Following a Car Accident?
According to the NHTSA, at least 90 percent of all car accidents are the result of “human error.” Negligence is synonymous with human error in many cases. When a driver fails to drive safely, following the rules of the road and local laws, then they may be negligent. Your Socorro car accident lawyer will prove fault in your accident by using the police report, witness statements, accident reconstruction, and video from nearby cameras where available. Once fault has been definitively determined, it becomes much easier to seek compensation from the at-fault party’s insurance company.
How Do You Choose the Best Socorro Car Accident Lawyer?
You need a Socorro car accident lawyer from Harmonson Law Firm who has the necessary qualifications and experience to ensure your damages are carefully calculated, then fight for a full settlement. We understand that you have many choices when considering a Socorro car accident lawyer. We also believe that once you’ve spoken to the attorneys at Harmonson Law Firm, your choice will be clear.
Perhaps you’ve asked relatives, friends, or co-workers for a referral, or maybe you’ve looked on the Internet when looking for a car accident lawyer. It’s important that you find an attorney you feel comfortable with—and one you trust. Communication is extremely important, as when you have regular updates on the status of your case you can concentrate your time on healing from your injuries.
Harmonson Law Firm—Helping Good People Injured in Bad Accidents
Harmonson Law Firm is dedicated to helping good people injured in bad accidents. We know how a car accident can disrupt your life and are ready to help you get things back on track. If you need medical attention, we can help you find the best medical professional for your injuries. We will aggressively prove liability, then insist the insurance company pay you what your claim is worth. If they refuse, we will take your claim to court. Because we are always prepared for any twist and turn your case might take, this means we are also prepared for court, when necessary. Contact the experienced legal team at Harmonson Law Firm today.