Accidents happen every single day across the nation. Sometimes they are just that—accidents, with really no one to blame. Other times, accidents are the direct result of the negligence of another person or entity. Negligence occurs when an individual owes a duty of care to others, breaches that duty, injury results as a result of the breach of duty, and those injuries result in damages. As an example, when you get into your car, you have a duty of care to other drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who share the roadways. You have a responsibility to drive safely, following all the rules of the road and the law. Medical professionals have a responsibility to act in the same way another medical professional would have done, given similar education, training, and circumstances.
Property owners have a responsibility to keep the premises free of hazards that could potentially harm another person. Whenever these responsibilities are neglected, leading to an accident with injuries, negligence has likely occurred. If you have been injured as a result of another’s negligence, you need a strong legal advocate in your corner. Harmonson Law Firm is ready to be that advocate, helping you get the medical treatment you need, and the financial settlement you deserve.
Why Choose a Socorro Personal Injury Lawyer from Harmonson Law Firm?
Choosing a Socorro personal injury lawyer following an accident caused by negligence can seem overwhelming. You may have received a personal injury lawyer referral from a friend, family member, or co-worker, or perhaps you are looking online in an attempt to find an attorney that seems like a good fit for you and your situation. At Harmonson Law Firm, we understand you have choices. We also strongly believe that once you have spoken to attorneys Clark Harmonson and Hadley Huchton, your choice will be clear. We offer you all the advantages of a small firm, with the benefits of a larger firm.
When you choose Harmonson Law Firm, you will receive highly personalized service. We are very client-centric, ensuring we stay in close contact with each client and that every client receives regular updates on their case. During your initial free consultation, we will give you a comprehensive assessment of your claim, explaining your potential damages and answering all your questions. After ensuring you are receiving the medical treatment you need, we will begin aggressively fighting to recover the compensation you are entitled to receive, allowing you to move forward in your life.
Areas of Personal Injury Handled by Harmonson Law Firm
- Car Accidents happen every day; while some car accidents are minor fender benders, others cause severe injuries and could be the result of a negligent driver. According to Forbes, speeding increases both the risk of collisions and the risk of severe, even fatal injuries. Almost 30 percent of all fatal car accidents are the result of a driver exceeding the speed limit. The state of Texas appears to have more than its share of speed-related accidents, with closer to half of all fatal accidents in the state a result of excess speed.
- Rideshare Accidents claims are highly dependent on the circumstances surrounding the accident. The liable party can be the rideshare driver, the other driver, or even the rideshare company like Uber or Lyft.
- Bus Accidents are relatively rare, but when they do occur, the injuries and the number of injured individuals can be extensive. If the bus is government-owned (like a city bus), then special rules apply when filing a claim, including harsh time limits on notifying the government of your claim.
- Semi-Truck Accidents require a highly experienced Socorro personal injury lawyer because injuries are often severe, there is usually a lot of money on the line and there can be more than one defendant. The truck driver could be held partially responsible if he or she was careless, reckless, impaired, distracted, or overly fatigued. The trucking company can be held partially responsible if the driver was poorly trained or had not undergone a background check and vetting process. If the accident is the result of poorly maintained truck components, the maintenance company may bear some responsibility, while if the accident was caused by poorly loaded cargo, the loading company may be partially liable.
- Motorcycle Accidents—According to Forbes, 82,528 motorcyclists were injured in auto accidents in 2020. Motorcyclists are simply more exposed, and less protected on the roadways, which results in a higher rate of serious or catastrophic injury—or death—for this vulnerable group. Motorcyclists face another issue if their case results in a lawsuit. Many jurors wrongly believe that motorcyclists are reckless, so may be less inclined to award a fair jury verdict. An experienced Socorro personal injury lawyer will know how to dispel those stereotypes and secure a fair judgment.
- Medical Malpractice occurs when a medical professional fails to act in a manner that another medical professional that is similarly trained would do, given the same set of circumstances. Texas medical malpractice cases can be more difficult since the Texas legislature enacted tort reform in 2003 that limits the amount of non-economic damages, setting other procedural hurdles that make such cases more challenging. That being said, when there is a clear breach of the standard of care along with significant injuries, Attorneys Clark Harmonson and Hadley Huchton of Harmonson Law Firm will fight for a fair settlement. Our firm is only one of a handful of medical malpractice lawyers in the Borderland who actively pursue these cases. Our attorney Hadley Huchton has been a medical malpractice attorney for more than 30 years.
- Personal Injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries are physical injuries or illnesses that are extremely severe and have a significant impact on the victim, requiring months, years, or a lifetime of ongoing medical treatments. While catastrophic injuries are not always permanent, they are very serious, usually altering the life of the victim and his or her family forever. Catastrophic injuries include amputation of limbs, spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis, traumatic brain injuries, severe burns, and any injury that causes permanent disfigurement or blindness. Because catastrophic injuries usually prevent the victim from returning to work, lost wages and future lost wages are included in damages. Pain and suffering is usually also a hallmark of a catastrophic injury—both severe, chronic physical pain and emotional pain and trauma.
- Wrongful Death—A wrongful death occurs when the negligence of another person has resulted in a personal injury, then the person injured dies. In the state of Texas, a wrongful death claim can be filed by a surviving spouse, children, or parents of the decedent. If these family members do not file a claim within three months of the death, the representative of the decedent’s estate can file a wrongful death claim.
- Dog Bites—Texas has a dog bite statute, making it essentially a “one-bite” state, which generally means that the owner has to know of the dangerous propensity of the dog before the owner is held liable. A dog bite victim in Texas can recover compensation under the doctrine of negligence. Local leash laws, like the one enacted in Socorro, can help prove liability of the dog owner as well. A failure to stop an animal attack in progress is also actionable under Texas law
- Pedestrian Accidents—Pedestrians have absolutely no protection when hit by a vehicle, not even a helmet like a bicyclist or a motorcyclist might have. Pedestrian accidents are often the result of drivers who are distracted, impaired, or careless. These drivers could be exceeding the speed limit or may have failed to watch for pedestrians.
- Bicycle Accidents—Like motorcyclists and pedestrians, bicyclists are very vulnerable when hit by a vehicle, and likely to sustain serious, even catastrophic injuries. It can take many months or years for a bicyclist to recover from an auto accident, resulting in lost wages and significant pain and suffering.
How Do You Choose the Best Socorro Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Situation?
You will likely choose your Socorro personal injury lawyer based on qualifications, reputation, and success rate. Your personal injury attorney must have the necessary experience in your particular type of accident to ensure good results. Of course, you want an attorney that you feel comfortable with, one that you trust, and one you believe will fight for your future at every turn. The Harmonson Law Firm offers all those things and so much more. We like to say we are “small but mighty,” and this is certainly true.
We have the level of resources that only bigger firms generally have, while remaining small enough to offer personal, compassionate attention to each and every client. Perhaps you’ve been unable to get the medical treatment you need following your accident. Our firm has strong relationships with healthcare providers across El Paso and Las Cruces. Whether you need a pain specialist, surgeon, orthopedic specialist, imaging center, physical therapist, or chiropractor, we will help you find the very best. Our other goal is to ensure you are paid a full and fair settlement that fully covers all your injuries. At a time when you simply can’t deal with a difficult insurance company, we will take that burden from you, allowing you the time you need to heal and move forward.
Harmonson Law Firm Helping Good People Injured in Bad Accidents
When an insurance company refuses to pay you a full and fair settlement, we never hesitate to go to court to obtain justice on your behalf. We have offices in El Paso, TX, and Las Cruces, NM, to help those within 20 miles of either city. Our legal team helps good people who have been seriously injured in a bad auto accident or a medical malpractice accident get medical treatment and a full and fair settlement. At Harmonson Law Firm, we understand that the stakes are extremely high for you—after all, your future is at stake. Our goal is to help you win your case, quantify your damages and secure maximum compensation and full justice for your injuries. Contact Harmonson Law Firm today.